How to Get a CompTIA Certification

Let’s take a trip back in time. The year is 2000, and I just logged on to manage my first Windows NT 4.0 server. Things like plug and play and active directory are nowhere to be found. If you wanted a USB device, you needed to install drivers. This seems so long ago.

Fast forward to today, 2019, and I’m learning Linux. You may ask why, when I am a network engineer. Well the answer is simple! Linux plays a major role in every IT infrastructure. From backend to front-end devices, to the cloud and even in the networking tools that I use. Linux is all around us!

So, over the past two months I have partnered with CompTIA to earn the CompTIA Linux+ (XK0-004) certification. With so many changes, in this industry, you need to embrace a mindset of continuous learning and adapting. This is why it was so important to me to partner with CompTIA and earn Linux+. It allowed me to not only improve my skills, but also to encourage others to adapt.

In this post I'll help you learn how to get a CompTIA certification and answer some questions that you may have:
How can I get CompTIA Linux+ certified?
How can I study for CompTIA Linux+?
How difficult was the CompTIA Linux+ exam?

Mentors can help bridge the confidence gap. For those who want to be mentors, BYTE, a program by CompTIA’s Future Leaders Community, offers resources like Five Steps to Becoming an Amazing Mentor and connections to STEM mentoring groups. BYTE prepares future tech leaders to engage with their own children and youth in their community, as well as with local teachers, schools and nonprofits to help next generations become aware of their ability to have a career in tech.

For women who are curious about what it’s like to work in technology, AWIT Women TechCast is a podcast with episodes about how to pivot into IT security. Subscribe and listen for deep dives into what it’s like for women working in tech, opportunities available and how to overcome the confidence gap.

More Info: comptia a+ jobs near me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tech Industry Takes the Lead in Redefining Work

CompTIA A+ 220-1001 and A+ 220-1002 exam

Questions a+ certification